Address: 1 Memorial Close Montville
St Mary’s Montville: 1 Memorial Close
Sundays 8am Eucharist / Morning Prayer
Wednesdays 9am WCCM Meditation
Wednesdays 10.30am Seasonal study group
Hall Hire and Memorial Wall Enquiries
Phone 07 5499 9130 or email: [email protected]
St Mary’s Church was dedicated on the 1st August 1914 by the Archdeacon of Brisbane the Venerable H.F. Le Fanu. Local Mr George Brown, a lay reader, foundational member of the church building committee and later warden was given the honour of choosing the name of the church. He chose St Mary’s perhaps because he had been a worshipper at St Mary’s in York England, his home country. The new church now named St Mary’s gave the Montville Church of England congregation a permanent home which had met in the School of Arts Hall since 1908. Dawn Barnett, George Brown’s daughter, is still a regular worshipper at St Mary’s.
The Centenary celebration in 2014 was a great success with the main event being the service for past and present Parishioners conducted by Archbishop Phillip Aspinall. The event was well supported by the Montville community and representatives of the other churches. This was followed by a delightful lunch in the Montville Memorial Hall which was decorated with memorabilia.
For our 2021 Patronal Festival our guest preacher was the Rev’d Gillian Moses who appeared by video due to the pandemic.